4/26/2011

For the Love of Chicken...

This recipe is delicious! It's actually what we had for dinner last night. My husband, my 3 year old, and I, all love this recipe! The original recipe didn't get a very good rating, but after I tweaked it a little bit, I gave it 5 stars. The recipe I am posting, is my version of the original.

Chicken Alfredo and Rice Casserole

Prep Time: 25 minutes          Bake Time: 30 minutes          Serves: 4

Ingredients:
1 jar of Alfredo pasta sauce
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers
1 tbsp fresh basil (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.

2) In a large bowl, combine pasta sauce and milk. Stir in rice, chicken, peas, and basil.

3) Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.

4) Bake, covered for 15 minutes.

5) Remove from oven, stir, and re-cover. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until heated through.

6) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

* Thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for sending me the original recipe. And thank you to my lovely family for helping me make the recipe our own.

Enjoy! :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India