4/21/2011

The Best Meatloaf You Will Ever Eat!

So, yesterday I had a very long day. I had off work, but still had a lot to do. I had to take Luke to get some blood work done, had an appointment with my local Healthy Families coordinator, I had my own doctor's appointment, then had a WIC appointment, and had to go to the grocery store. Needless to say, when I got home around 6:30pm, I was not in the mood to cook! So, I fell to my go-to meal...Meatloaf. So many people don't like the taste of meatloaf. Why? I'm not too sure. I do remember being a kid and dreading meatloaf night though. My mom's recipe wasn't the best to say the least. So, when I got married I tried at least 5 or 6 meatloaf recipes until I found one we really liked. And here it is...

Easy Pleasing Meatloaf

Prep Time: 10 minutes          Cook Time: 1 hour          Servings: 8

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 (6oz.) package of stuffing mix for chicken
1 cup water
eggs, beaten
1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce, divided

Directions:
1) Heat oven to 375°F.
2) Combine ground turkey, stuffing mix, eggs, and 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a bowl.
3) Mix until just blended.
4) Shape into a loaf.
5) Top with the remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
6) Bake it for one hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
7) Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
 
* Thank you to Kraft Recipes for coming up with an awesome meatloaf recipe! Of course, I did tweak it a little bit. :-)

I normally make some corn or broccoli as a side and a Lipton rice or pasta side to go with this dish.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India